“How we show up as athletes is how we show up as humans.”
Elizabeth W. Carey is a former Division 1 athlete, running coach and author of the book Girls Running, offering guidance and tools girls need to thrive on their running journey, right from the start. In this episode of No Excuses, Elizabeth sits down with Sean to discuss:
– The harmful culture and belief systems that exist in the running community and how it affected her mental health and body image.
– The myth that you have to be thin in order to be a fast runner
– How to discuss eating disorders with loved ones
– The number one thing she thinks runners should be focusing on
– Should transgender athletes be able to compete in running?
– Why sports are always political
…and so much more.