In a joint effort to use the power of play to empower children facing adversity, TMHQ chose Right to Play as its Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder charity partner. Founded in 2000 by Johann Olav Koss, a four-time Olympic gold medalist and social entrepreneur, the organization uses sport to drive lasting social change in communities.
In an effort to introduce our Mini Mudder parents to our new partner, here are five things to know about Right to Play.
1. Right to Play uses sport to help communities overcome poverty, conflict and disease.
2. Right to Play works with 1 million children in 18 countries every week.
3. Right to Play’s play-based learning methodology focuses on education, health, and peace building.
4. Right to Play encourages teamwork and helps children develop leadership skills.
5. Right to Play’s “Reflect-Connect-Apply” approach encourages children to examine experiences.
If you have children who’d be eager to tackle Tough Mudder’s 1-mile kid-centric Mini Mudder course, visit the official Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder page. If you’re interested in making a donation to Right to Play, visit Right to Play’s Crowdrise page.